Our high quality 3D printing filaments are carefully selected and have a proven track record to stand the highest 3D printing demands. In contrast to the majority of filaments in the cheaper segment, our filaments are very well suited for printing in the lower micron levels.
ABS is one of the most printed materials on Fused Deposition Modeling 3D Printers. Because of its toughness and strength ABS is a very popular and common used thermoplastic in industry. Most of LEGO for example is made of ABS.
3D Printer Compatibility
This spool of filament can be used on FDM 3D Printers that use a 1.75 mm HotEnd that is suitable for printing ABS. A List of common FDM 3D Printer Models:
- Prusa Mendel i2
- MendelMax 1.5 & 2.0
- Prusa i3
- Vellemann K8200
- Felix 3D Printers
- Kossel, Delta, Rostock 3D Printers
- 3D Touch
You cannot use this 1.75 mm Filament on a 3D Printer that is equipped with a 3 mm HotEnd.
- It is strongly advised to turn-on the Heated Bed of your 3D Printer while printing ABS. A Heated Bed prevents warping of your objects while printing. Recommended heated bed temperatures 90-110 C.
- Use of Polyimide Tape (PET / Kapton Tape) is highly recommended on your heated bed or glass plate. ABS prints usually stick better to polyimide tape than to the print bed or glass plate.
- We furthermore recommend applying a thin layer of ABS juice on the polyamide tape or UHU directly on the glass plate before printing ABS. A good first layer adhesion is of the utmost importance in obtaining the best results for your prints.
- Material: ABS ( Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene)
- Color: Red
- Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Print Temperature : 220 - 265C (All Metal HotEnds, e.g. E3D v6, need to print at the higher end of this temperature scale)
- Tolerance Diameter: +/- 0.03%
- Weight: 1 KG
- Packaging: Vacuum sealed